Intellectual wellness involves expanding knowledge/improving skills through scholastic, technical, or cultural endeavors. The number of cells in our brains start to decline in our mid-20’s, but research has shown that the number of connections between brain cells can continue to grow if we exercise our brain with intellectual endeavors. Challenging your brain on a regular basis will encourage the formation of new neural connections. So you see, it really is a case of “use it or lose it.”
Intellectual Wellness Challenge Ideas
- Learn/practice a challenging new skill.
- Delve into current events.
- Read a classic or intellectually stimulating book.
- Attend a lecture or watch/listen to an educational show.
- Learn a new language.
- Plan detailed travel to somewhere you have always wanted to go.
The following sources are fun brain teasers to keep you sharp:
Sources: UC Davis