Reasons to consider starting a weight training program:
- Weight training is a great way to increase the intensity of your physical activity.
- Strengthening muscles is key to preventing injury.
- Studies show that college students who participated in weight training had better body image and decreased social physic anxiety than those who did not.
Your fitness goals will determine what kind of weight training program will work best for you. Regardless, it is important to have a physical or consult a doctor before beginning a lifting program.
There are resources to help you getting started in weight program right for you.
- Pickler Memorial Library has lots of books about weight training and fitness
- The Student Recreation Center offers a Personal Training Program.
- If you would like to learn how to use a machine or proper lifting technique, don’t hesitate to approach the Weight Room Instructor at the Student Recreation Center.
Return to Physical Fitness