Photo Credit: The Healthy Maven
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: 12 muffins
- 2 1/4 cups oat flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large avocado (from Mexico)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender combine avocado, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add blender ingredients to dry ingredients and then mix in eggs. Stir until well-combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly amongst muffin cups for a total of 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes (give or take depending on oven heat and altitude). Muffins are ready when the tops spring back after being touched.
- Allow to cool for 20 mins before removing from muffin tin.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for longer.
*You can try replacing with whole wheat flour but you may want to decrease the flour slightly (around a 1/4 cup)